About us contact us
The Greatstone Website greatstone.net is dedicated to providing comprehensive information about this delightful village on the south east Kent coast.
greatstone.net aims to be the online source and guide for all matters relating to Greatstone, including information about where to eat and drink, local shops, tradesman, local services, places to stay and much more. The website covers the area of all those properties etc with a Greatstone postal address and a map of this area is included on the website - Greatstone Map.
The website is completely independent and run on a voluntary and non-profit making basis. Any views expressed, other than in the Forums/Message Boards, are those of the Editor.
This website does not accept paid advertising. Listings of local Greatstone and other businesses and service providers are free of charge. Inclusion should not be regarded as endorsement or recommendation.
If you live, work or visit Greatstone, if you are involved with a club, society or similar organisation or run a business, and would like to have an entry or have any suggestion as to what you would like to see on greatstone.net, please email the Editor.
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a piece of information in the form of a very small text file that is placed on your computer's hard drive when visiting particular websites. The cookie is generated by the web page server, which is basically the computer that operates a web site. The information the cookie contains is set by the server and it can be used by that server whenever the user visits the site again. A cookie can be thought of as an Internet user's identification
card, which tell a web site when the user has returned.
Below is the content of a typical cookie. This one is from the Hotmail service and has the filename email@example.com (.txt is the standard filename extension for text files): HMP1 1 hotmail.msn.com/ 0 1715191808 32107852 1236821008 29449527 * The codes will only make sense to Microsoft's MSN Hotmail servers.
(a) is provided with clear and comprehensive information about the purposes of the storage of, or access to, that information; and
(b) has given his or her consent.
Code of Practice
This website adheres to the Press Complaints Commission Editors' Code of Practice. You can read it here.
If you feel that greatstone.net has in any way infringed this code, please email the Editor.
All the electronic content and images contained in the Greatstone Website www.greatstone.net is
copyright, either to the website or one of its contributors.
Original content and images are copyright to the Greatstone Website greatstone.net. Content provided by other
contributors are copyright to them and/or their organisations.
not take any content or images from any part of the Greatstone Website greatstone.net for
reproduction or networked on another web site or other electronic media or for
publication and distribution without permission and acknowledgment.
you wish to use some material from the Greatstone website, please email the Editor.
- Photograph is published courtesy of Mark Serejko.
- Photograph is reproduced by permission of The Francis Frith Collection. Over 120,000 Frith images of towns and villages around Britain can be viewed online on the Frith website www.francisfrith.com. Why not visit the Frith website today and post some memories of your local area on the Share Your Memories feature of the website
to read and enjoy.
- Photograph is published courtesy of Nick Catford and is taken from his website Disused Stations.
- Photograph is published courtesy of the unknown author of the booklet Around and About Romney Marsh published in 1966 by the then St Mary's Bay Holiday Camp. If you happen to know who the author is or have any other information about the booklet, please let Peter know (see below).
- Photograph is published courtesy of Bob Gillham.
- Photograph and map are published courtesy of Wilf Gill, who has lived in Greatstone all his life.
- Photograph is published courtesy of Zoe Beardsley.
- Photograph is published courtesy of Ken Whelton.
- Photograph is published courtesy of Simon Blackwell.
- Picture is published courtesy of John Wimble.
- Photograph is published courtesy of John Baker.
- Photograph is published courtesy of Greg Lashmar.
- Photograph is published courtesy of Halsgrove Publishing's book 'Kent from the Air' More information http://www.halsgrove.com/proddetail.php?prod=9781841149431.
- Information and photographs of Dr Morrell are published courtesy of Ian Huntly.
- Photograph is published courtesy of Paul Cackett.
Greatstone Website greatstone.net
Editor: Peter Faulkner
01797 369182 07951 015551(m)
92 Merritt Road, Greatstone,
Kent TN28 8SZ
Comments and Suggestions
If you have any comments and/or suggestions about greatstone.net, we would be very pleased to hear from you. You can either use our Enquiry Form, post a message on our Message Forums or email the Editor.
Lydd Airport Action Group
Please go to our Directory for more local contact information.
Google Page Ranking